Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Knitted Round Pillow Project (simple tutorial included!)

If you follow me on Instagram, you know I completed this project a few weeks ago. But...I realized I hadn't shared it on the ol' blog at all!

Pillow!

This project came about because I wanted to start incorporating more handmade items into my home. So, since the accent pillows I'd bought years ago for our sofas were now definitely worse for wear, I thought I'd remake them - knitted style!

Want the simple instructions? I thought you might. It was really so simple that I didn't even write the pattern out, just came up with it as I knitted along. First, I found this link, which taught me how to knit a flat circle (thanks Alyoops!), then I simply made two large flat circles (approximately 19in. wide, I'm my case), crocheted one looooong band in single crochet (approx. 2.5in. wide), and crocheted all the edges together. Hint: I started seaming the edges together before I was even done crocheting the band so I could make it exactly as long as I needed. Stuff (and really over-stuff so your pillow holds its shape) and tuft with two large buttons on either side. Ta-dah!

Inspiration pillow shown here in all its faded, dirty glory.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect large brown buttons, since you can tell these ivory-colored ones just don't cut it, but, other than that, I LOVE the way it turned out. So soft and cozy and I MADE IT. Yay. I'm currently working on the rectangular versions (in the opposite color scheme) for our other sofa, but that's been a little slower going since knitting flat panels just isn't as interesting as knitting the round ones were.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any exercise will help, but yoga is particularly fantastic, as it teaches you the way to calm your inner thoughts as well as toning your physique. More information about best weighted blankets on familycookware.com.

    ReplyDelete