Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure

As part of the new style file feature, I think there's something it's time I confess.

I love watching makeup tutorials on YouTube.

Dudes (or dudettes, as the case may be), I can watch these videos for HOURS. Eyeshadow techniques, product reviews, hairstyling tips, I'm into it all. The only thing I stay away from are haul videos (where folks just show you their latest purchases) because unless they're reviewing the quality/performance of the items, it doesn't really matter to me how folks spend their moola.

There're a few people I subscribe to but my very favorite are the Pixiwoo sisters, Samantha and Nicola Chapman. These girls KNOW their craft. They are British professional makeup artists who happen to be gorgeous and excellent at what they do. And I love the quality and variety of their videos.





I'm sure you're wondering if I ever incorporate any of what I've learned. Um, I try? Really, I do! I'm an everyday makeup-wearer and have a pretty standard routine I'm happy with and rarely veer away from, but every once in a while I try to spice it up. My latest attempt was applying a pretty teal (apparently the color du jour) from a Kat von D pallette I purchased recently. The Doomed came home, took one look at me and said "so, we were having fun with our eyes today, weren't we?" I explained that I'd ended up removing some of it because I felt I'd overdone it and he said "you had MORE on?" I take that as a non-successful application.

Oh well. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment