Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Research

The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and On-LineI purchased this book recently at the behest of Angry Chicken. (Sidenote: Have you read her blog? You should. She is always full of crafty goodness.) She's been in the business for a while now and I figured if she can recommend it on her blog, it must have pretty good information in it.

I'm only about a third of the way through it but have already learned quite a few things pertaining to both questions I had and ones I hadn't even thought of yet. There's a lot to think of and I think this does make a good guide for those of us just starting out. Previously, I'd done a little online research about starting an online venture and turning ones hobbies into careers but this goes into far more detail than the few articles I'd read. Has anyone else read this book? Any other books you'd recommend for making your hobby into a successful business reality?



Currently shuffling through my soundsystem as I type: Alpha - Sometime Later, Blondie - Hanging On The Telephone, The Black Keys - Oceans and Streams, Ultimate Fakebook - Little Apple Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment