Thursday, September 30, 2010

State of Affairs - Part 2

I am coming to you live from my backyard and via my iPhone. Why? Well, I haven't been blogging the last few and the reason my backyard is in the state it's in is part of the reason why. Do you see this nonsense? It's like a hurricane went through a jungle! (minus any visible swamp land) It's been raining pretty heavily the last few days (I think there's a tropical storm moving through) and wouldn't you know it, it conked out my power. Not entirely, though, just off and on. About every hour, lasting a half hour. I don't think I need to tell you how aggravating that is. Especially since in the process it burnt out (or something) the outlet where I plug my computer and modem in. Which happens to be the only outlet anywhere near the vicinity of my computer. So I have off and on power and no Internet. Agh!!! How did people do it in olden days? Luckily, it hasn't been AS hot lately so I'm not missing the air conditioning TOO much, but oh my sweet cable, computer, and web. I miss you so! Last night FPL (Florida Light & Power, for those of you not in the know) finally came out and determined that the rains had caused tree branches to obstruct/damage a transformer in our backyard, causing our power outages. They literally worked throughout the night, power trimming all the trees necessary and rewiring stuff. All with Moondoggie's wary eye and deep growl upon them from the safety of the dining room. It was a very noisy and not pleasant evening. I'm sure our neighbors LOVED us. And now our yard looks like this. And I still have off and on power. All that mess for nothing. Well, maybe not for nothing 'cause I'm sure it had SOMETHING to do with our electrical issues. Time to call FPL again.

And can I tell you that it is really hard to craft in the dark? Cause it is. Also, blogging via phone sucks. 

Update: I tried emailing the above to my blog literally four times. I don't know if it's the photo attachments that didn't let it go through, but at least the photos posted. I have been completely without power since noon and boy did that BLOW. It is now 6:25pm and they were just able to fix whatever the problem was and I am happy to report that I now have light. Let's hope it lasts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment