Friday, July 9, 2010

Knitting...finally!

So, I think it's no secret that I haven't been super-inspired about knitting lately. However, I remembered that I've been meaning to whip up some preemie baby beanies to donate to different charities and hospitals and I figured now was a great time to do that. In the last couple of weeks I came up with these:


I'm really happy with the way these turned out and wish I had a baby doll or - novelty!- a real baby to model these on so you could see how teeny these are. They're just a bit larger than my palm and if you know me, you know I have small hands. They knit up so fast and totally served at least one purpose of motivating me to get back to crafting for the shop again. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to send these to one particular place or divide them up into smaller batches to hit more places at once. Actually, I think I'm gonna make these a monthly project - or at least an in-between-inspirations project - and pick a different place to send them to each time. Wanna know where to send your own charity knitting to? Click this and this for an array of links.

Currently on the tube while crafting: reruns of Clean House. I don't know why I can't get enough of this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment