Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Work in Progress

I've started working on the items I want to have ready in time for fall/winter. I have a few new items I want to add and the first on my list are fingerless mittens. I like gloves but hate the inconvenience of having to take them off everytime I need to use my iPhone or dig for change or a million other little things that you need your actual fingertips for. So, since that's what I prefer, that's what I'm gonna make for the shop!

Of course, coming up great ones that are just the right size is an exercise in patient knitting and reknitting.


Cute, right? However, a little too big for my small hands.


And this was the second "sample" I made! Supposedly customized for my chubby hands and stubby fingers! I really thought I'd nailed it, which is why I went ahead and made the pair. But, alas, just a mite too big still. No real loss, I'm sure they'll fit medium size hands and at least this tells me there really is no "one size fits all" for mits. At least not the ones I knit. I am now working on another pair and truthfully, despite the sizing frustrations, these are really fun to make! They knit up pretty quickly and I like the way they look and feel. I'll probably never get a chance to wear them myself while living in Miami, but I like the idea that they might bring a little fun and color to hands in colder climates.

Currently on the tube as I craft: All About Steve. I was prepared for this to be a bad movie, which is why I waited to watch it on cable, but it's really not that bad. Decent enough as a background distraction, anyway. I Hate Valentine's Day? - now THAT'S an awful movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment