Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Friggin Innernet

So, my internet keeps going down and up. Something about the modem or a cable or my footprint being too slow - I don't know. I don't understand that fancy speak. I always think my footprint's pretty slow but that's 'cause I don't like to run.

HEY OH!

(I slay me. I'll be here all night, folks!)

Anywho, AT&T will be sending someone out tomorrow to fix it, but while I still have it on an "up" moment, how 'bout a blog post!


As you know, there isn't much going on with my days besides knittin' mittens. The above is what I've managed to complete in the last week, minus one that I sent to my sister as part of her gift package. She loves nautical-themed items (much like me - go figure!) so I made her an anchor-embellished pair of mittens.


I first made them with a white rope, thinking the colors complimented each other best, but it was just so GLARING against the blue and the gray. So I switched to the wheat color that I'd originally been using and I think I like it much better. It looks more...authentic? I don't know - you know what I mean. Or do you? What do you think? Either way, I think next time I'm going to center the design just a bit higher, but other than that I like the way they turned out. And they look cute on! You'll just have to trust me on that since I've no photo to show you that. 

I've decided I'm gonna finish up another couple sets of mittens and then start making the prototypes of all the other items I want to carry - for a little change of pace. And to make sure I'm happy with my designs before I start ordering supplies to make them. This way, maybe I can post at least one of every item in the shop and start getting some feedback. I don't know why I was so emphatic about completing each design in large batches before moving on, but I made the rules, so I can break them if I want to! Hopefully, I'll have more to show you than just mittens by the end of next week (although, at least two more designs are still in the "mittens" category). Then I'll continue with my batch making.

Oooh, and guess what? I'm in another treasury! This time, a nautical-inspired one created by Stitchy Impressions.  I love being "treasured"!

No comments:

Post a Comment